GLOBAL FACTORIES IS LOOKING FOR A SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER
As a Software Quality Engineer you guard the quality of software for pharmaceutical machines in a multidisciplinary and international team. Using these pharmaceutical machines hundreds of thousands of patients are safely supplied with medication on a daily basis.
Developers both fear and love you. They know you cover their back in terms of quality, but no single problem will go unnoticed. You like to automate your work as much as possible and you can program. As our software drives machines that produce a physical product, you are always an advocate and willing, to do one last test with the real machine in the loop.
In the software team you are responsible for assuring the quality of software which operates both our current and to be developed machines. You accomplish this by participating in the overall development process where you develop and execute tests, and plan and coordinate software releases.
In addition, you support customer care and development by diagnosing and reproducing issues at customer sites. In cooperation with product management, you assess the user friendliness and functional completeness of the software.
- Perform functional, component, performance, security and regression tests
- Develop test strategies, documentation and functional requirements for both software and hardware tests
- Plan and coordinate software releases
- Automate the tests where possible and reasonable
- Set up API tests, unit tests and functional tests
- Integrate tests into the continuous integration process
- Write documentation and describe the test processes
- Monitor and analyse the results of automated tests
- Build and maintain representative test environments
- Reproduce issues reported by customers
- Completed technical BSc or higher education
- Experience with industry standard version control systems, continuous QA methods, and development methods
- Experience with testing desktop and web applications
- Excellent English communication skills
- Affinity with intergration between hardware and software
- Can read and write JSON, XML, SQL
- Experience with programming is a pre
- Knowledge of the .NET ecosystem is a pre
- Knowledge of Selenium is a pre
- Knowledge of CAN and PLC is pre
Our development stack primarily revolves around .NET (Core) with a disctinctly Microsoft flavoured backend and a fairly modern (not necessarily Microsoft) web based front end. We also mix in some embedded software, PLC code, and WPF, and we manage significant volumes of data. Our legacy systems are Windows oriented.
Global Factories is an international operating company which develops unique machines for the pharmaceutical and hospital markets. Through innovative technologies, specialist knowledge and a worldwide network, Global Factories is able to make the distribution of medicines for patients more efficient, safer and reliable. Global Factories is known worldwide for the Medicine Detection Machine, the first reliable and accurate machine to replace the time consuming activity of manually checking medicine pouches. In addition, Global Factories has developed the VandenBrink Blister Machine, which is the first, unique machine that packs and verifies multiple medicines in blister cards.
A challenging and independent position within a dynamic and creative organization which offers plenty of opportunities for development and own initiative. Global Factories is located in a beautiful building in a nice neighborhood near the center of The Hague, equipped with its own GF Health Club.
Global Factories offers a pleasant working atmosphere in a team of enthusiastic professionals. We close the week with a pleasant Friday afternoon drink.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter with CV to email@example.com